COVID-19 Resources & Hotlines For Calgary Residents
Links the Government of Canada & Government of Alberta is Offering for Canadians During COVID-19:
Government of Canada:
Government of Alberta:
https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-support-for-employers.aspx? utm_source=google&utm_medium=sem&utm_campaign=Covid19&utm_term=SupportsF orAlbertans&utm_content=v1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpfHzBRCiARIsAHHzyZopmHnis0pFrfZ4ag 66BI4tN5dy1P8l0eePbtiEgMNINI1i3yXKDDcaAu8zEALw_wcB
Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-303-2642
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Employee & Family Assistance Program: Contact your Human Resources or your employer's provider.
- PCHS Calgary: The organization is "providing support to the community and our clients with counselling through video calls, email and phone." The organization can be reached at (587) 999-9312.
- Woods Home Counselling: The organization is offering no-charge counselling services to Calgarians of any age in need. The crisis counselling services include live-chat, texting, e-therapy and over the phone counselling. https://www.woodshomes.ca
Groceries & Food Information For Those With Limited Resources:
Calgary Food Bank during COVID-19:https://www.calgaryfoodbank.com/needfood/
Calgary Co-op - Free Care Packages until April 15:https://www.calgarycoop.com/covid19/
Calgary Distress Centre:
The Veteran's Food Bank:
Calgary Housing Company:
The restaurant is offering free dinners to international students and those who have lost their jobs due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The dinner is offered daily between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Brown Bagging for Calgary's Kids:
The organization has created a response fund and is now offering grocery gift cards to families previously receiving lunches.
Yegra Ethiopian Restaurant:
The restaurant will deliver free fresh food to "the most vulnerable people" at this very difficult time.
The "Thrive" outreach program is being expanded. The program delivers groceries to seniors within a certain income bracket. That income bracket has been removed and the centre will now serve all seniors in need during the facility's closure.
Online Grocery Shopping Options:
- https://www.costco.ca/grocery-household.html (free delivery on orders over $75)
- https://cultivatr.ca/ (free delivery on orders over $40)
- https://www.ckpcalgary.ca/program-services/good-food-box (discounted healthy food boxes)
- https://www.instacart.ca (groceries delivered in as little as one hour)
Free Online Subscriptions for Kids' Schooling
- https://kidsactivitiesblog.com/135609/list-of-education-companies-offering-free- subscriptions/
Online Resources for Kids
Calgary Public Library:
The library offers free access to books, movies and education online. All online services can be accessed for free by library cardholders.
The organization is offering free daily online workshops. The classes are to help parents occupy their children with daily tasks during school closures due to COVID-19.
Virtual Field Trips - Calgary Zoo:
The zoo has started sharing Daily Dose at Home videos on its Instagram page. The videos offer behind-the-scenes zoo activity during the temporary closure to keep people engaged with the zoo's conservation and animal care programs.
Virtual Field Trips - Glenbow Museum:
The museum is offering interactive art sessions three times a week. The sessions include activities, tours and presentations for both adults and children.
Canada's Wonderland Rollercoaster Ride From Home:
Online Music Lessons and FREE Resources:
Morin Music Studio - Private Online Music Lessons and Free Resources: Click here
Online Community Resources for Adults
Crescent Heights Community Association:
The association is offering help to nearby residents with everyday tasks, including getting groceries or medication, walking a dog or even just offering someone to talk to during times of isolation.
Arbour Lake Community Association:
The group has created an "adopt-a-neighbour" Facebook page to connect community members in need with volunteers in the area.
Wild Rose Community Connections:
The organization is extending its services into the community "for those that need assistance or supplies during this period of self-isolation or for some, mandatory quarantine, WRCC volunteers will deliver either medications or groceries directly to your home."
Justin Havre is the top producing REALTOR® with RE/MAX First, Canada's very first RE/MAX brokerage. Calgary real estate is his passion; Justin specializes in Southwest & Northwest Calgary homes for sale. He can be reached at 403.217.0003 or contacted through this site.